Subject: Re: Help with iriver 320 - updating rockbox

Re: Help with iriver 320 - updating rockbox

From: Christopher Chaltain <chaltain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 08:33:52 -0500

On 3/30/2010 2:53 AM, Elaine wrote:
> should I do anything with the files that are already on the player? I
> didn't do anything with them before.
>
> it's the rockbox utility I'm referring too. it's supposed to perform
> automated tasks but somehow doesn't appear to work for me.
>
> whether it has something to do with vista, I'm not sure.
>
> thanks though, will try your suggestion. short of completely messing
> up rockbox, not sure what else can go wrong. was told it was easy to
> update rockbox, somehow I knew it wouldn't be for me. never is.
>
> I did get a different voice to work before, think it was Paul. I liked
> that better than the default voice. sounds like MS Daniel.
>
> Elaine

> Glad you got it working elaine. BTW, I usually just leave the rockbox
> files on the player and write over them, although to be safe, I think
> you could delete the /.rockbox directory on the root drive of your player.

I've never used the rockbox utility to install or update rockbox. I've
heard it has some accessibility issues, and I find the manual install is
simple and straightforward enough.

BTW, you're top posting which is contrary to the list's etiquette. Top
posting is where you place your comments above the message you're
responding to. List etiquette says that you should place your comments
below the message you're replying to, and you should delete those
portions of the message that you're replying to that aren't needed.

--
Christopher
chaltain_at_gmail.com