Subject: Re: Question concerning rockbox development (Hope

Re: Question concerning rockbox development (Hope

From: Gordon C. Cardona <gordongt_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 13:49:34 +0200

On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 14:59 -0400, Hope Paulos wrote:
> Thanks so much for your prompt answer. At first I was wondering if my
> message went to the list because I hadn't received it.<smile> I'll
> consider
> buying the fuse. Can it be purchased at Best Buy or a similar electronics
> store?
My understanding is that Rockbox only works on Fuze v1, not on v2, and I
>don't know whether you can tell the difference without >opening up the
>package and turning the device on.
>I've bought two refurbished units (an e260 and a Fuze >8GB) from
>Accessible Electronics at
>http://www.talkingmp3players.com/index.html
>They work fine, appear brand new, and come with >Rockbox installed, so
>you know for sure that you're getting the right version.
>Bjorn

Unfortunately, I had a shock when I received my Sansa Fuze from Amazon. In
spite of assurances from customer care that tthe model I ordered was a v1
model, it turned out to be a v2 one!

I promptly contaccted Amazon and they told me to send it over for a full
refund. Now I've decided to play it safe and purchase the Fuze rockbox-ready
from http://www.talkingmp3players.com and I thank Bjorn for bringing this
site to my attention.

Good day

Gordon