Subject: Re: Battery issue on iaudio X5

Re: Battery issue on iaudio X5

From: Dave Hooper <dave_at_beermex.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 18:56:57 +0100

The condition is really the voltage reported by the battery itself. If the
battery reports (via the power management electronics in your player) that
the voltage is below a cutoff level (implemented in rockbox), rockbox will
not boot. If rockbox did boot, however, the case is still that the battery
won't supply enough voltage for the player to boot successfully!

On 17 May 2010 16:18, "newbeewan" <newbeewan_at_nativobject.com> wrote:

Le 17/05/2010 16:49, Andy a écrit :

> newbeewan wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have some time an issue on battery charge level when using i...
As sometimes I forgot it into my car, it fail to start for about 20 minutes
before it internal temperature is warm enough.

During winter, I was agree with that, because negative temperature are not
good for batteries and electronic devices, but 7 or 8°C seem to be good !

My battery is 3 years old, that's may be an explanation !

My real question was what are criteria for rockbox to decide if battery is
empty ?
Is it possible to overide it a little to permit some cold (real meaning !)
boot !

I will try with the original FW to see if there are the same comportment.

Regards