Subject: Re: Seeking spanish Rockbox for IPod Nano 2nd gen

Re: Seeking spanish Rockbox for IPod Nano 2nd gen

From: David Hall <dmhall_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 19:42:59 -0400

On 07/07/2010 12:00 PM, Antony Stone wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 July 2010 at 17:42, Dave Hooper wrote:
>
>> There isn't a "spanish firmware". You would install rockbox (which defaults
>> to english language) and then change the language in rockbox on your ipod
>> after it's installed. The settings 'stick' across shutdown on your ipod so
>> you should be fine.
>
> This looks like a good thing to update in the instructions in the manual,
> since it's not clear that this is how things work, and it could save people
> considerable time (and perhaps worry) to know that this is how to do it.

I'm not 100% sure what part of the manual you were thinking needs
improving.

http://download.rockbox.org/daily/manual/rockbox-ipodvideo/rockbox-buildch8.html#x11-1560008.7

Is where the concept of installing language "packs" is first discussed
in more than a passing manner. I'm sure the information could be
clarified, do you have any suggestions?

--David Hall