Subject: Re: ?about shuffle and crossfade

Re: ?about shuffle and crossfade

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 10:45:31 -0500

> But I have discovered an interesting qwerk. If I bring up the context menu on my music folder, then choose playlist, then choose insert shuffled, my music will be shuffled, but shuffle won't actually be turned on. Because the actual shuffle option isn't on, my crossfade doesn't kick in and even though my music is playing randomly because I chose insert shuffled from the menu. Is this a logic error in the player, or am I missing something?

"Shuffle" means "play the current playlist shuffled." "Insert shuffled"
means "mix the songs into the playlist in a shuffled order, but then
play that order in order."

Basically, one affects the creation of the playlist (insert shuffled)
the other affects the playback order of an existing playlist (shuffle
mode). They do two separate things, and only shuffle mode will affect
crossfade. This is intentional.