Subject: Re: installation on sansa fuze V2

Re: installation on sansa fuze V2

From: Al <summerman_at_live.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 07:49:11 +0100

you wrote:
"Hi Al,

Yes you need to download the bootloader. There's a link to it in the manual."

Hi Barry thanks for this, I have now downloaded and extracted the files to my pc prior to installation on my n86, would you or any other list member assist with the following queeries as I don't quite follow the insttructions despite reading the FAQ'S.

1. WHICH IS INSTALLED FIRST, THE BOOTLOADER OR THE ROCKBOX UTILITY.

2. What is meant by "passing" in this extract from the installation instructions?

"

3.
Run mkamsboot.exe, passing the name of the OF and bootloader files that you downloaded, in addition to a name for the output file.

  mkamsboot.exe fuzpa.bin bootloader-fuzev2.sansa patched.bin

"

Any clarification would be great as this section is a little difficult to follow, at least for me.

Thanks

Alistair

Yes you need to download the bootloader. There's a link to it in the manual.

Cheers,

Barry.