Subject: problem playing aiff files in rockbox

problem playing aiff files in rockbox

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 22:16:30 +0000

Hi list.
I have an aiff file, its about 400 mb, and is 39 minutes long.
The file plays fine in winamp, but it won't play at all under rockbox.
I have looked up the manual entry on file formats, and read the section
on aiff, but I have no idea why my file won't play, I assume aiff is a
container format, and for some reason it doesn't comply with what
rockbox is expecting.
So can the list please advise me how I can determine why rockbox doesn't
like it, and what I need to do to find this out.
I didn't record the aiff file myself, I got it from someone making some
of his own personal recordings available to me.
I have winamp installed on my computer and a copy of goldwave.
Many thanks for any help,
Alex.