Subject: Re: Rockbox 3.8 released!

Re: Rockbox 3.8 released!

From: Arno Wald <arno.wald_at_netcologne.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 13:30:22 +0100

On 28.02.2011 11:50, Roger wrote:
> Hi
> When upgrading to a new version with *Rockbox Utility* should I
> unindtall the old version first or just install over the top ?
> Roger > using Rockbox on two iriver H10 5GB mp3 players.

If you are using the rockbox install utility you can install the new
version over the old one, as the install util removes the old
installation automatically. It also asks if you want to keep a backup of
the old installation. Config-Files are transfered to the new
installation. (At least until version 3.7.1. I do not think that this
has changed.)