Subject: Re: how to play these streamed .aac files on my Rockbox sansa Fuze?

Re: how to play these streamed .aac files on my Rockbox sansa Fuze?

From: sideral <asieoniezi_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 01:14:45 +0100

Jon Nicoll <jkn+rb_at_nicorp.co.uk> writes:

> The reason for doing this is that I want to play 'AAC' audio files
> downloaded from the BBC using the 'get_iplayer' streaming download
> utility. Rockbox does not seem to want to play these files. I'm sure
> I'm missing something simple, probably relating to file formats and
> containers etc...

Hi Jon,

I've recently had issues with MP4 files as well on my Sansa ClipV2.
Strangely, I was able to play them back in a simulator build (on Linux),
so they ought to be supported.

Could you please try playing back your file in a simulator?

You can find simulator builds for Windows here:
  http://rasher.dk/rockbox/simulator/

And if you're a Linux developer: It's quite easy to set up your own
build environment, see
  http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/DevelopmentGuide

It would be best if you'd log your findings in a bug-tracker entry.

sideral