Subject: Re: how to play these streamed .aac files on my Rockbox sansa Fuze?

Re: how to play these streamed .aac files on my Rockbox sansa Fuze?

From: sideral <asieoniezi_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 17:58:14 +0100

Jon Nicoll <jkn+rb_at_nicorp.co.uk> writes:

> The reason for doing this is that I want to play 'AAC' audio files
> downloaded from the BBC using the 'get_iplayer' streaming download
> utility. Rockbox does not seem to want to play these files. I'm sure
> I'm missing something simple, probably relating to file formats and
> containers etc...

In FS#11991, saratoga commented in response to your message:

  Thats a .aac file, basically a nonstandard raw stream. We don't
  support those. Only MP4/M4A and RM are allowed for MPEG4-Audio.

Looks like, for the time being, you need to recode these files to
another container format for Rockbox to be able to play them. Sorry!

Cheers & thanks for trying Rockbox,
sideral