Subject: Re: Voice UI issues

Re: Voice UI issues

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_pondlife.me>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 12:42:49 +0100

Hi Simon,

Just to clarify, are you definitely using a matching daily build and daily
voice file? Note that "current build" isn't the same thing as daily build.
All files should be taken from http://www.rockbox.org/daily.shtml .

With this in place, roughly what proportion of menus are spoken (a)
correctly, (b) incorrectly or (c) not at all. Ideally, collate a list of
specific problem cases (as you've started to do). This may well be multiple
bugs, both in Rockbox and the voice generation system.

How large is your english.voice file?

The Rockbox Info screen is partially voiced - the initial selection
(Battery) is not voiced, but move down onto the disk sizes and it should
speak. I don't know if this is intentional or how this worked in 3.8.1
however.

I don't know for certain (not having an SD-capable player), but suspect that
the Micro SD voicing would require you to generate (and enable) .talk files,
as all other file browsing does. Hopefully somebody with a clue will chime
in here, especially if I'm wrong.

pondlife