Subject: Question about Setting speech parameters when building voice under cygwin

Question about Setting speech parameters when building voice under cygwin

From: Andrew Hart <ahart_at_dim.uchile.cl>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 18:16:13 -0400

Hi folks,

it's been a while since I've updated rockbox. Decided to do it today.
I'm using Cygwin. The build went fine for both the binary and the
english.voice file. But, the make file no longer gives me the
opportunity to specify speech options (e.g., /speed:7, etc.) nor
rbspeexenc parameters. it used to allow me to override the defaults. I
want to select the SAPI synthesizer, speed it up substantially and then
adjust rbspeexenc to produce higher fidelity encodings (which I can get
away with since faster speech makes for smaller speech samples). It's
not using the synthesizer specified in the Windows control panel, so I
can't adjust the settings there. Hunting around, I haven't found
anything about this change. I'd be much obliged if someone could point
me in the right direction as to how I can adjust these parameters when
building voice files using the current incarnation of the build system.

Many thanks,
Andrew.