Subject: Re: Question about Setting speech parameters when building voice under cygwin

Re: Question about Setting speech parameters when building voice under cygwin

From: Jens Arnold <jens_at_jens-arnold.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 22:00:56 +0200

Am 29.05.2011 00:16, schrieb Andrew Hart:
> Hi folks,
>
> it's been a while since I've updated rockbox. Decided to do it today.
> I'm using Cygwin. The build went fine for both the binary and the
> english.voice file. But, the make file no longer gives me the
> opportunity to specify speech options (e.g., /speed:7, etc.) nor
> rbspeexenc parameters. it used to allow me to override the defaults. I

Free text options have been removed from configure's interactive config
dialog in SVN ~18 months ago. You now have to specify them on the
command line, i.e. instead of just calling /path/to/configure, use:
/path/to/configure --ttsopts=tts_options --encopts=encoder_options

If the options contain spaces, you have to enclose them into either
single or double quotes, excluding the parameter itself. A real-world
example:
/path/to/configure --ttsopts='/voice:Anna /speed:5' --encopts='-q 10'

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
Jens Arnold