Subject: Re: iRiver H10 volume key stuck

Re: iRiver H10 volume key stuck

From: Robin Bertram <metalgott_at_jesus.ch>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 22:18:14 +0200

> It seems like the down volume on my iRiver H10 20GB got stuck, since my volume keeps going completely muted.
> I can press the volume up to get the volume to go back up, but after a couple seconds it goes back down to mute.
>
> Has anyone experienced this? Is it solvable?

Hi Menachem,

you can compile rockbox after editing the file /trunk/apps/keymaps/keymap-h10.c
be creative and combine or change the keys, that are still working
correctly (if that's possible)
.. or just delete every line with the volume down button and change
the volume through "Sound Settings".

My Sansa Clip+ has a broken Power Button, so I power it on through a
portable charger and changed the keymap. Now, if I press both the Home
and the Select key I can stop Playback and shut the player down.

good luck
Robin