Subject: RE: Installing Voices

RE: Installing Voices

From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 14:35:30 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: rockbox-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se [mailto:rockbox-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se] On
Behalf Of G.E.
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2011 2:29 PM
To: Rockbox

----- Original Message -----
From: "D!J!X!" <megamansuperior_at_hotmail.com>
To: "'Rockbox'" <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2011 1:16 PM

Hi,
I'm using the RockBox installer, on windows XP for an iPod Video.
I have installed the latest RockBox, and I want to create voices, but it
cannot find the TTS engine.
Where should I look for it for the default SAPI on my computer?
Thanks

Glenn

What do you mean? SAPI is part of windows. If you want extra SAPI voices,
look at the ms website. I believe xp uses SAPI5, so it should work with the
RBUtil. Is the util telling you it can't find SAPI voices? What service pack
of xp are you on?
*Hi,
I am using SP3, and I can use the ScanSoft voice in Windows, and the MS Sam
in windows, and I am using a software synth to write this.
But the RockBox Installer does not find my SAPI voices.
It installed the stock voice from the RockBox site, but that is awful, I
need a better voice.
But on running the install voice, it errors and cannot find the TTS engine.
It offers me the option of browsing to it, but I had it look in \windows,
and \windows\system32, and in \program files\scansoft.
This not a problem with XP, it is the installer not finding my SAPI voices
on this computer.
Any help appreciated.

Regards, D!J!X!