Subject: Clip Zip question

Clip Zip question

From: Ross Doerr <rumpole_at_roadrunner.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 11:03:54 -0500

Good morning everyone:
After several weeks of reading the manual and trying to deal with things myself I have decided to swallow my pride and ask for help, hat in hand. I hope someone out there can help me out.
For xmas I received a Sansa clip zip MP3 player. And yes, I know it is considered an unstable platform for RockBox. Having said that, I'd thought "unstable" meant that at least a few functions on the clip zip would work.
I can't get a peep out of it though. Does this track everyone else's experience?
When I say that I can't get "a peep" out of it, I'm referring to RockBox. The MP3 player itself works all right, plays music, books in MP3 format etc, and the FM radio is a surprisingly good one with amazingly good reception for our area up here in Maine.
I've removed RockBox and reloaded it twice thinking that I've simply done something wrong that is simple that causes the silence during the configuration process. Apparently I'm repeating the error, if that is where I have gone wrong.
Does anyone have a suggestion or idea on this?
 Ross in Maine.