Subject: Re: loading saved settings

Re: loading saved settings

From: Michael Sparmann <theseven_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 00:38:05 +0100

> A friend who also runs rockbox on a Sandisk Clip made some audio
> changes that really sounded good. Then those settings were saved via
> manage settings. My questions are would these audio settings be saved
> when the managed settings was used and where on the filesystem in what
> file? If they are on the filesystem can I copy that file from that
> clip, on to my computer, then to my player, a Clip Plus, load or
> import them, and have the same audio settings?

I don't know from the top of my head where the saved settings will be, I
think in .rockbox/config, .rockbox/settings, or something like that.
The currently active set of settings (and yes, they include the audio
settings, as well as all kinds of other things) is stored in
/.rockbox/config.cfg. This is a plain text file, so you can check out
what's actually saved in there manually, using any text editor.

You can copy the settings file to another device, non-applicable
settings will be ignored, and settings that weren't present in the
config file will be set to their default values. So if the set of
available audio settings is sufficiently similar on these devices, your
plan should work. This does not neccessarily mean that the sound is the
same though, as this is also influenced by the audio hardware of course.