Subject: Re: sansa clip plus and rockbox install problems

Re: sansa clip plus and rockbox install problems

From: William Porteous <awesomecomputergeek9001_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 14:46:00 -0700

> Hi all:
> I just got a brand new sansa clip plus today.
> I am trying to install rockbox on it as a totally blind user.
> i run the utility.
> I got the sansa clip plus firmware-the clipplus01.02.16
> from the sandisk site.
> The utility however gives me an error saying that this original
> firmware is not known.
> Your thoughts?
> Do I need to downgrade my player to an older sansa firmware first?

i have a sansa clipplus and only noticed this problem before rockbox
utility could recognise this firmware revision.
make sure you are using rockbox utility 1.2.13 as it will(probably)
recognise this firmware revision.
try re-downloading the firmware - it might have been corrupted in the
download. if that doesnt work, try installing with clipplus firmware
version 01.02.15 because this one has been known for a long time.
if none of that works, please email back with more details.

good luck rockboxing,
william