Subject: Re: Help for blind/vision-impaired users

Re: Help for blind/vision-impaired users

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 20:13:23 -0500

As a note, the mailing list rules aren't just "some virtual idiots
views." They're posted at http://www.rockbox.org/mail/etiquette.html.
You may notice from the domain that those rules were put in place by
the very people who run the list, some of which are the people who
originally founded the list and the project. The "I've been here
longer than most of you" claim doesn't really work when the
originators of the list put in place those rules to keep it running in
an orderly fashion.

None of the rules are particularly hard to follow, so I really don't
understand the objection people have to them. Is there any specific
rule that's a problem, or is it just the fact that people call you on
it when you ignore them, rather than just ignoring it (which defeats
the purpose of having rules in the first place)?

Wouldn't the same problem be solved by, when someone tells you of the
rules, simply saying "oh, I didn't realize it" and start posting
according to them in the future? Is it a problem with any specific
rules, or is it a problem that there *are* rules at all?