Subject: Phone Book app

Phone Book app

From: sara meisels <sarameisels_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 18:35:28 -0400

Hi,
I'm new in rockbox, I don't know yet, how to make native plugins with .rock
extension.
Once, while looking thru the rockbox files, I found that Boomshine has the
extension .lua.
Since I'm a Java programmer, I decided to study its syntax (that I'm still
not too familiar with). After getting the simple outline, I wrote this
phone book app. Well, this may be written better, I don't know everything
in that language, only what i read in Boomshine, and on Rockbox website.

By the way, this will setup files on its first boot. This can be omitted if
this finds its way in the official binary download.

One suggestion, on rb.do_menu when pressing down (on fuze) instead of
returning -1, it should return the item + 1000 for instance. This way will
allow to make a context menu on a specific item.

I'm now developing another, much more complicated plugin, I hope it will
work out correctly.

Thanks
MM