Subject: [ANN] Linux bash-script to create _dirname.talk files using espeak or festival

[ANN] Linux bash-script to create _dirname.talk files using espeak or festival

From: Julien Claassen <julien_at_mail.upb.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 12:10:41 +0200 (CEST)

Hello everyone!
   I have created a shell script for Linux users, to create _dirname.talk file
on the command line. The script can use either Festival or Espeak. I have
created this script, since I had problems with MaryTTS. Perhaps it can benefit
other blind people and CLI friends. I have tested it with my Sandisk Sansa
Clip+.
   Talk files are created using rbspeexenc . There is no support for mp3 .talk
files yet. If someone needs it, let me know and I'll put it in.
   Find the script here:
http://juliencoder.de/rbdirtalk
   Just chmod 755 rbdirtalk and coy it to a directory in your path i.e. ~/bin
or /usr/local/bin
   If you think it's useful enough, I'd be happy to see it in the rockbox
distribution.
   Warm regards
          Julien