Subject: Re: cansome one tell me how to voice my sd card so it will read folders and files

Re: cansome one tell me how to voice my sd card so it will read folders and files

From: Julien Claassen <julien_at_mail.upb.de>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 20:03:47 +0100 (CET)

Hi William!
   I have never used the rockbox utility and right now I couldn't. But it needs
a text-to-speech software. I think it's automatically set to festival? Do you
have festival installed? On which operating system are you working? Perhaps on
windows there are other TTS engines.
   I know, that from the rockbox site you can download another script to do
your bidding, using maryTTS, that is a java basd software. You can download
both the script and the java TTS freely.
   Do you have voice support for your player at all? If so, did you download it
or build it?
   Sorry for all the questions, but I'm rather new to rockbox myself.
   Warm regards
         Julien