Rockbox mail archiveSubject: New rockbox user
New rockbox user
From: Roland Engelsma <criticview_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 22:02:30 +0100
My fiance and I recently aquired a Sansa clip zip and a Sansa clip plus.So far, all rockbox things went fine, though the experience was a bit tryal and eror. In this message I would like to propose some improvements, and mention some bugs. Before I begin though, I just want to mention to you that everything written here is related to using rockbox as a blind person, since we both are blind. Also, some things may be rockbox specific, while others may be sansa related. I have no idea how I can ceperate them, so I will put them all.
Bugs:- While playing a song, and pressing and holding the enter key (the one to confirm selections etc) you get an extra menu where you can review playlist and change some settings like playback and audio. When you want to change the pitch however, no values are spoken, nor is the word "ok" when you close the menu.
- When adjusting the volume, most of the time it goes smoothly, but sometimes one has to wait like five seconds before the new volume is applyed. This is most noticeable when aplaying majour changes.
- It would be nice to have an option to have the sansa players lock after a certain key being pressed. Currently there is no way to prevent keys being pressed in your pocket...
- Including of a "learn mode" and a "key echo mode". This will make users more comfortable with the keys on the player, and rockbox in general.
- In the rockbox utility, when creating your own voice promts, it would be nice to have an option to scann existing directories to include them in the voice file so that you don't have to listen to a lot of letters. I know that a lot of content on the player will get updated, but for sure the .rockbox folderand its subfolders will stay the same, until you update.
- Create an option to have multiple frequencies assinged to one radio station, so hat if you move to another city the same radio station keeps playing by changing to the right frequency, either manually or automaticly.
I think this is the most for now, I will have more to come further along the way of my expirience. I'll propably will have to create things on the bug tracker etc, but that's for later.
Sent from my iPhone
Received on 2012-12-30