Subject: Re: "Rockbox has stopped responding" error when running latest install utility

Re: "Rockbox has stopped responding" error when running latest install utility

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 10:59:39 +0100

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 1:42 PM, bob jutzi <jutzi_at_windstream.net> wrote:
> Which I am able to do; however, still am prompted for a firmware file when
> choosing either install option under the Startup tab. I am using the

Then provide it the firmware file. This is a prerequisite for
installing the bootloader on the Clip Zip (and various other players).
There is a dialog telling you that you need to download the file
separately (and it includes a link). Is there anything unclear about
that dialog? Also, there is no "Startup" tab, neither in the current
version nor in versions prior to 1.3.0 (which introduced the new GUI),
so what tab are you talking about?

> installer prior to 1.3.1 since 1.3.1 gives me the "has stopped responding"
> error at startup. I also tried manually instaling Rockbox with no luck.

I've never heard of a problem occuring directly on startup. What OS
are you experiencing this problem (Windows 7 / 8 / 64bit / 32bit)?
What does "after startup" exactly mean? Do you see the main GUI before
it crashes?

And you're still top-posting. Please stop it as per list etiquette.

 - Dominik