Subject: Re: Sansa Clip Zip and DRM

Re: Sansa Clip Zip and DRM

From: Bob Proulx <bob_at_proulx.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 15:09:30 -0700

Dionesque wrote:
> Does it mean than that I may be able to copy the DRM audio file into
> my Sansa Clip Zip while booting it with the original firmware? I
> tried this, using the power on/off button and the "left" button,
> this works, the player boots with the original firmware. Still, I
> didn't manage to get the audio file onto the player...

Remember that when booting the original firmware that you are not
running Rockbox at that time. You should be able to perform all of
the original capabilities and have access to all of the features of
the original firmware. If not then it isn't a problem associated with
Rockbox. The original firmware would control the data transfer and
the ability to play those files.

It "feels" to me that your DRM files may be corrupted. Making things
harder to debug. This is just one of the many reasons DRM is bad.

Bob