Subject: Re: Easter Wish List for Rockbox -- too late for xmas wish list anyway ...

Re: Easter Wish List for Rockbox -- too late for xmas wish list anyway ...

From: Roman Hochleitner <>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 16:55:14 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 7 Mar 2014, Roman Hochleitner wrote:
> .) one other thing I noticed which is somehow strange is that after
> playing a long time I can hear very very faint computer noises in the
> background of the music, they are only there during playing, so
> during a pause you can't hear them, pressing play after pause and the
> background noises are there again. they only disappear when turning off
> (sutting down) the player and turning it on again, then they are gone.
> I thought I mention it, in case I'm not the only one experiencing this
> phaenomenon with Rockbox on Sansa Clip+.

the distant background noise stays when pressing pause also,
only a shutdown and reboot gets rid of it.

the sound is a very faint and silent high pitch noise like you can hear
when using cheap onboard sound cards, at first I thought it was the recording
itself, however since a reboot gets rid of it, it must be sth different.

any idea how one can debug this issue? maybe its the sound device?
is there a internal sound driver reset to test this theory? or
could it be a backround job running causing this?