Subject: Re: new rb install on clip zip

Re: new rb install on clip zip

From: Kyle <>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 08:32:20 -0400

The development builds are generated automatically every time there is a
change to the git repository. Every time the code changes, a build
client runs on ~30 machines to be sure that the code builds correctly,
and the resulting builds are uploaded to the website where you can
download and use them. In spite of the warnings about the potential of a
development build to be unusable or broken, I have had good luck
building and installing from git for several years for 3 different Sansa
targets. My worst problems have been recording glitches that were fixed
within a few hours, and I can only remember about two such glitches.
That said, the stable release is generally recommended to decrease the
chance of breakage. My personal recommendation is that if you are most
comfortable with stable, by all means stick with it, it's quite good.
Hope this helps.

"Kyle? ... She calls her cake, Kyle?"