Subject: Re: iriver h10 install problem

Re: iriver h10 install problem

From: Shiner <>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 11:32:59 +0100

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Shiner
  To: Dave Hooper ; Rockbox
  Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:26 AM

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Dave Hooper
    To: Roger ; Rockbox
    Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:18 PM

    Which version of Rockbox Utility are you running? Click Help then About

    .Current. V1.40

    Take a look at his guide:

    Will do ASAP

    You said that you selected all four checkboxes - but there should be five for the iriver H10 (should look like the pictures on the above link). Can you double-check that you selected the correct target device in Rockbox Utility?

    My fault, I could have sworn there were onlt 4 !

    If you have a 5 or 6GB H10 (as opposed to 20GB model) are you correctly choosing the UMS option (to match your H10 running in 'USB Mass Storage' mode when you connect it to your computer).

    All 3 H10's are 5G colour.

    I am entering UMS mode by holding down Select while swithing on after removing and replacing battrey.

    Is rhis correct procedure???

    Anyway, I have just d/l fresh copy of RB Utility 1.4, just to be sure.

    I will reformat, recover iriver, and try again later today.

    <X's fingers>

    <Expletive deleted> No Joy... Same problem. :-((((.

    The only thing I can think of is to reformat and somehow clone one of my other fully RB'd H10 onto it.

    Dunno how though.