Subject: Re: iriver h10 install problem

Re: iriver h10 install problem

From: Roger <rogerx.oss_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 09:59:03 -0800

> I must have spent at least 20 hours trying everything suggested
> and whatever else I could think of...
> Nothing seems to fix it, so I've given up and chucked it in the
> drawer.
>  Thanks for trying to help guys!

One last thing, make sure you've also performed a check or scan the disk or
file system for errors and bad blocks. If errors exist, this error will always
progress with a problem trying to write files (or even certain files) to a
disk.

In more severe cases, the hard disk itself could be bad. But you will audibly
notice a tick or other audible mechanism indicating such failure.

But if you've tried all this already, I too agree there's only so much valuable
time that should be spent on such a device.

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/