Subject: Re: Background noise on a Fuze+

Re: Background noise on a Fuze+

From: Tom Yates <>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 16:46:48 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 17 Aug 2014, Ben LaRoche wrote:

> Has anyone else had the "Sansa Fuze + hissing" problem? If it helps, I
> don't believe that mine hisses, and I have version f723ca5-140207. I
> probably won't update if it is still a problem.

huge thanks to ben, who bent over backwards to get me a copy of the
rockbox he's running.

the pops/crackles/hisses persist with his version, so it's fairly
definitely not software. i guess i must have damaged it when i let it

at any rate, ben, i have no reason to think that you'll get bad audio with
any later version, so you shouldn't feel any disinclination to update on
my account. probably best to take a backup first, though!

i have an older one that was rather scratched, and has an old firmware on
it, which doesn't seem to be so good at trickle-charging the battery.
the scrren lights up, and says "Boot version: 1.0", but even after some
days on USB it doesn't seem to hold enough charge to boot. i don't
suppose anyone knows a magic means of resuscitating it so i can see if the
audio's still any good on that one?

       Tom Yates  -