Subject: Re: Any suggestion for SanDisk e260 successor with 64 GB or more SD card?

Re: Any suggestion for SanDisk e260 successor with 64 GB or more SD card?

From: Martin Steigerwald <>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 12:41:06 +0200

Am Freitag, 22. August 2014, 12:27:35 schrieb Pedro Emílio Machado de Brito:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am searching for a Rockbox compatible player that is similar to SanDisk
> > e260, but can take 64 GB or larger (Micro)SD card. As to what I know the
> > SanDisk e260 can take up to 32 GB, I have one of these and… well… it is
> > full.
> I believe that any player that takes SDHCs can use 64 GB, you only
> have to reformat to FAT32.
> I've bought a 64 GB microSD to go with my Clip Zip, hasn't arrived yet
> (DX takes ages), but when it does I can test and confirm to you.

Thing is: According to Wikipedia SDHC cards are specified to a maximum of 32

And according to

there is only a SDHC driver, not a SDXC one which would allow for up to 2 TB.
But it may also require a different hardware: An SDXC controller / slot.

According to to

a Sansa Clip Zip has a MicroSDHC slot.

But please tell me if it works for you.

Did you manage to order a 64 GB SDHC card? If so, where? I thought SDHC is a
maximum of 32 GB.

Hmmm, yes according to Amazon and Startpage there are really some 64 GB SDHC
(not XC) cards available. From Samsung:

64 GB microSDHC Class 10 EVO

But its misleading. On German Amazon page its labeled as SDHC, yet in
technical specs the form factor is labeled SDHC. Model number is: MB-MP64DEU.

Confusingly Samsung themselves do not seem to share *any* details about this
card. No technical specs not even a hint at a card with that model number. The
german Samsung page doesn´t find any 64 GB SDHC card at all.

Martin 'Helios' Steigerwald -