Subject: Re: IRIVER H10 Voice recorder

Re: IRIVER H10 Voice recorder

From: Steph.MMyahoo <Seumeumeuh_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 11:27:20 +0200

I fully agree with Roger
> No bad intentions were meant by our advice AND we did assume things
based on what you wrote.

I will add that the personnal things you wrote were not all necessary
for us to answer to your technical problem. I'm not saying you should
not have mentionned them, just pointing out that even though you did not
explicitly solicited advice, you should not be too surprised to get some.

As for me, being no "amateur" (as I previously stated) and based on the
fact that you did not write anything about professionnal advice...

Knowing as a fact that it's her idea still doesn't say if you both took
professionnal advice. Of course I assume you did but I cannot rely on my
assumption so based on good will I have to say that if you did not, you
still should. I do not think the recording idea is bad or good, whoever
had it in the first place, it can be good if it helps coping with facts
but it certainly isn't enough on its own.

This may well be unsolicited professionnal advice and you're welcome to
tell me so : good intentions are meant.

Back to the main technical problem : sorry I cannot help but... if it's
urgent you may well consider buying a dedicated device. There are plenty
cheap models which may work better than the iRiver or just well enough
for your needs.

I have a Sony ICD-PX820. For 4 years I used it to record lectures with
no hassle. One thing worth mentioning I was able to rename files through
usb connection and still play them on it. Some class mate had different
dictaphones which did not allow this simple useful (for me) thing. Price
was 50€ (not that cheap in fact ;-(

Regards

Steph