Subject: New Rockbox user questions

New Rockbox user questions

From: Charles Coyle <>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 01:10:39 +0000

Hello all,

I hope you don't mind me posting these questions - I'm sure they've been asked before countless times but I'd like to get the most up-to-date answers possible:
Firstly, I've read through the list of mp3 players which support Rockbox on the Rockbox website home page and have tried to search for them online in order to buy them but most of them seem to be unavailable or discontinued. Please could you tell me, which of the mp3 players are still easy to get hold of and relatively cheap? I'm looking for one that I can load music and files onto through Windows Explorer as I would with a memory stick rather than through third-party software such as iTunes. I'm based in the UK if that's helpful.
Also, being a totally new potential Rockbox user, I'm unsure how easy or difficult the software is to install onto the mp3 player. Please could you tell me, how easy is it to install (and uninstall if necessary)?

Sorry for the very basic questions!

All the best,