Subject: Re: mp3 player recommendations

Re: mp3 player recommendations

From: Nick <rockbox_at_njw.me.uk>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 21:04:00 +0100

Hi David,

Quoth David Mehler:
> For my girlfriend and I, both of which use rockbox on our players the
> Sandisk Sansa clip/zip are getting a little hard to find in my area,
> i.e. going in to stores they are becoming not available, yes we're a
> little old fashion that way.
>
> We're looking for players that we can go out and get, at Best Buy or
> Walmart or wherever, with one exception, she's not interested in
> anything apple.

I was quite surprised and impressed to find the Clip Zip was easily
available for sale in shops when I was in the USA last year. Small
radioshacks all stocked them - if I were you I'd check there, and
ask them to order them in if they don't have them on the shelves. I
suspect there are no recommended players easier to find in shops
than the Clip Zip (I got one a little while ago and am very happy
with it indeed), so I'd just persevere until you find one ;)

All the best,

Nick