Subject: Loading Rockbox onto a 1TB iPod

From: David Douglas <>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 14:58:45 +0000 (UTC)

Hello - I have a question. I am a brand-new Rockbox user (well, I'm trying to be a user).
I have a 1TB iPod that I bought on eBay. It is a 5th Gen Video (I believe) that has had an SSD installed for the extra storage capacity. However, because of the Apple firmware limitations, I cannot load all the music I want onto it (I have somewhere around 70,000 tracks to load). So I want to use Rockbox.
I have installed it, but when I try to bring it up the Rockbox logo appears and then an error message:    ATA error: -11    Press ON to debug
Sometimes the error is 32 instead of 11.
I have tried researching the cause of these errors and it appears to be related to the hard drive. Is there a fix/patch for this? Please explain the problem and any solutions (in layman's terms to the extent possible, please!). Thanks!