Subject: Re: sansa clip zip wont turn on

Re: sansa clip zip wont turn on

From: mcc via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 16:53:23 +0200

Mi M. via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se> [15-05-30 16:32]:
> hello friends
>
> i write to ask a solution for my player, the sansa clip zip.
> Whenever i start it, it says "loading boot 4.0" and then is just stuck
> there.
> So i press and keep pressing the power button, forcing it to shut down.
> Then i tried pressing and keep pressing the power button (with the mp3
> powered down) where it says:

> Length: 97B60
> Checksum: 3BFA9E
> Model name: clzp
>
> and keeps ""loading"" in reality it does nothing.
> what should i do? how can i solve this problem?
>

> thanks everybody who responds, very appreciated.

Hi Mi,

This is a shot in the dark...a guess:
Since there is some output of the bootloader I think it is there
in place and is well all right so far.
It tries to load the rockbox image, which it cannot find.

I would suggest to boot the original firmware be holding down the
volume button and connect the player to a computer via USB.

Copy the rockbox image to you computer and compare it with the
original. If different the image of the player may be damaged.
If this has been verified reinstall rockbox.

BUT DONT DO THIS UNTIL SOMEONE IF THE ROCKBOX PROFESSIONALS OF
THIS LIST HAS GIVEN HIS/HER "OK" FOR THAT. I AM ONLY A USER!

Good luck!
Best regards,
Meino