Subject: Care of Lithium Ion batteries [was "Re: Sansa Clip Sport"]

Care of Lithium Ion batteries [was "Re: Sansa Clip Sport"]

From: Christopher Chaltain via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 12:02:39 -0500

On 09/26/2015 08:29 AM, Steph yahoo via rockbox wrote:
> For those who seldom use their unit, I suggest to spare battery life by :
> - recharging everynow & then when it comes down below 30~20%
> - storing the unit in dry sealed box kept in the fridge

Although this won't hurt anything, Lithium Ion batteries are different
then NiCad batteries, so they don't benefit from being stored in such a
cold place. Shallow charges are good, and they should be topped off
before going into storage. Heat should also be avoided, but like I said,
refrigeration isn't beneficial.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail