Subject: Sansa Clip+ internal flash defect

Sansa Clip+ internal flash defect

From: john via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 17:04:11 +0200

Hi

the internal flash of my Clip+ seems broken. After freezing while booting rockbox, I installed the original Sansa bootloader and firmware for testing. There in the menu I did call the format function. Then I mounted the device (using linux) and tried to save some data on it. But the writing prozess hang and the Sansa player freezed repeatedly, even after multiple formats.
So, the internal memory seems to be unusable, besides the special area reserved for the bootloader and the firmware.
I wonder, if my assumption is correct. If so...
I remember reading, that there exists a special bootloader, that tries to boot rockbox from external flash. But I couldn't find this even with a lot of googling.
Does anybody know, where to get such a special version of the bootloader?

Thanks for your answer
John