Subject: Rockbox 3.13 on Sansa Clip+ skipping non-English named tracks

Rockbox 3.13 on Sansa Clip+ skipping non-English named tracks

From: Jason Heeris via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 15:11:20 +1100

I'm using Rockbox 3.13 on a Sansa Clip+. I use Rhythmbox to manage my
playlists/music, and have a '.is_audio_player' file set up on the SD card
and internal storage on the SC+. So far, Rhythmbox successfully exports the
music files and m3u files for playlists, and they work... except when a
file contains a non-English character.

It doesn't matter what code page I use, any tracks where the filename
contains a non-English character (eg. o with diaeresis) are skipped during
playback from the playlist. Playing them directly works fine.

I notice that if I rename the .m3u file to a .m3u8 file, the tracks are not
skipped. So is there some way to make Rockbox treat *all* .m3u files as
.m3u8 files? Is there some other way to make these files not get skipped?

Cheers,
Jason