Subject: Re: Rockbox 3.13 on Sansa Clip+ skipping non-English named tracks

Re: Rockbox 3.13 on Sansa Clip+ skipping non-English named tracks

From: Magnus Holmgren via rockbox <>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 11:55:35 +0200

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 6:11 AM, Jason Heeris via rockbox <> wrote:

> I'm using Rockbox 3.13 on a Sansa Clip+. I use Rhythmbox to manage my
> playlists/music, and have a '.is_audio_player' file set up on the SD card
> and internal storage on the SC+. So far, Rhythmbox successfully exports the
> music files and m3u files for playlists, and they work... except when a
> file contains a non-English character.
> It doesn't matter what code page I use, any tracks where the filename
> contains a non-English character (eg. o with diaeresis) are skipped during
> playback from the playlist. Playing them directly works fine.
> I notice that if I rename the .m3u file to a .m3u8 file, the tracks are
> not skipped. So is there some way to make Rockbox treat *all* .m3u files as
> .m3u8 files? Is there some other way to make these files not get skipped?

It's sort of the other way around in Rockbox. It assumes the file is in
m3u8 format _unless_ the playlist filename ends with .m3u. There's no
setting for it, so you can't easily change it in Rockbox. Maybe there's a
setting in Rhythmbox, to make it output "proper" m3u/m3u8 files? Not that
m3u is much of a standard... :)