Subject: Re: Sansa e280v2 clock drift

Re: Sansa e280v2 clock drift

From: Martin Steigerwald via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 20:47:15 +0100

Am Mittwoch, 4. November 2015, 20:28:00 CET schrieb Martin Steigerwald via
rockbox:
> Hi Shane,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 4. November 2015, 11:02:46 CET schrieb Shane Signorelli via
>
> rockbox:
> > I have a Sansa e250v2 and had an e250v1. Neither one kept time accurately
> > with Rockbox. I wouldn't rely on it.
>
> Did it work with original firmware then? So is this a software issue?
>
> I thought about replacing battery with the one from my e260, where it works,
> but the new player shows similar battery time, so I bet they are in similar
> shape.

Thinking about it, that does not make much sense, as the clock I think would
run independent of Rockbox in hardware, i.e. also when Rockbox is switched
off.

There could just be a correction app that learns when I correct the clock
several times and applies a change to the clock on every boot of the player.

Thanks,
--
Martin