Subject: Re: Commercially supported mp3 players

Re: Commercially supported mp3 players

From: Steph yahoo via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 01:01:55 +0100

Glenn,

My understanding is that you're looking for something brand new in which case…

The list on rockbox.org does not state which players are still produced and I'm afraid most and maybe even all are not. As far as I… ordered the (very good) Sansa Clip+/Zip series were the last available.
So the next option is to go for an android phone and install a build matching its screen resolution. Beware though
1- not all resolutions are available and if not, you're meant to compile your own skin
2- from android v.4.? the builds won't work. It has something to do with ART or another kind of stuff that lambda users don't understand.
You'll get a better idea of 1 & 2 reading through "rockbox for android" on the forum.
--
Tshaw !!
Steph