Subject: Re: Sansa Clip+ won't turn on

Re: Sansa Clip+ won't turn on

From: pablo f. zavalia via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 22:05:28 -0300

> I hate to suggest the obvious, but sometimes we overlook the obvious.
> Did you test the power source?

Glenn, I'd take any suggestion gladly, obvious or not. I'm hooking up the device
to my laptop, I know the cable works but I tried the spare one I have, still
nothing. The battery seems rated to 3.7 V, at least that what I read from the
markings on it. The tester reads 3.7 V in the battery wires, and it goes up to
3.8 V when hooked up to USB power.

> few years ago I had an issue that sounds a lot like your problem, try
> holding the power button for a few minutes and see if it boots

Thanks bunn. I tried about 5 minutes, until my finger when numb. I'll see if I
can hold a bit longer next time, but if 5 minutes didn't help it seems unlikely
more will make a difference.

Pablo