Subject: Re: Sansa Clip+ won't turn on

Re: Sansa Clip+ won't turn on

From: pablo f. zavalia via rockbox <>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 21:51:26 -0300

Ohh lots of replies... let's see:

> I had this same issue last year with a clip zip. It happened exactly the
> same way to me that it happened to you. I put the clip zip in a drawer for a
> week and simply wrote it off, believing it to be a lost cause. After a week
> I pulled it out of the drawer, and just to convince myself it was completely
> dead, plugged it into my computer. Much to my astonishment, it appearrede and
> began working. It has worked fine ever since then. I have no idea why, perhaps
> the battery needed to completely discharge or something. What happened to me
> is, admittedly a shot in the dark, but one never knows. Ross

Thanks, sounds promising, I think I'll try that next, I'll desolder the battery
wires and leave it unpowered some time.

> In the same spirit, have you tried both power from your laptop and from a USB
> power (mains) adaptor? Some chips have a feature whereby they can be locked in
> an extra low power state after manufacture (to preserve battery life), which
> can only be cleared by a mains charger (USB data cable doesn't count) being
> connected.
> Richard

Didn't know that. I'll try that also, as soon as I find the USB changer, I know
I have one laying around. Thanks.

> Since you have the back off, did you try bridging the two contacts that the
> power button does when depressed? Maybe the button is bad.

I didn't try that, but good idea. I'll try it also. Thanks.

> I should have clarified one thing in my earlier post, that $50 price includes
> shipping to only in the USA.

I appreciate the the offer, but I'm in Argentina.

I'll let you know when I got the chance to try your suggestions. Thanks.