Rockbox.org home
release
dev builds
extras
themes manual
wiki
device status forums
mailing lists
IRC bugs
patches
dev guide



Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: Seeking information

Re: Seeking information

From: Laz via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2017 11:48:03 -0400

On 7/2/17, Ross A. Doerr via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:
> Thank you Steph. That’s good to know. I see your point about making sure
> the player as well as it’s replacement battery can be found online before
> purchase.
>
> I’m running a Sansa Clip Plus right now and the battery is starting to die
> on me. I’ve tried to figure out how to replace it from online youtube
> resources etc. Boy, what a chore.

Here in the US you also have Batteries Plus and battery Warehouse who
do battery replacements on devices... They have the batteries, tools,
and expertise to do the job. From what I understand they're very
reasonable in price as well.

Laz
>
> I suppose I’ve hit the position where I’m on the border of being “thrifty”
> or being “cheap.”
>
> Thank you again for the reply.
>
> Ross
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> From: rockbox [mailto:rockbox-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se] On Behalf Of Steph yahoo
> via rockbox
> Sent: Sunday, July 2, 2017 10:44 AM
> To: Rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
> Cc: Steph yahoo <Seumeumeuh_at_yahoo.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: Seeking information
>
>
>
> I know no website but the Cowon D2 & D2+ battery can quite easily be
> replaced. Considering it has a very good battery life, it's something that
> won't be necessary very often. In fact considering the fact I don't use mine
> so often because I run rb on my smartphone, I never replaced the battery
> despite having bought a spare "just in case", and it still runs fine, though
> it's 10 years old.
> I suppose the similar C2 is eligible in your list too but it won't run rb.
>
> These players have been discontinued for a long time so you'll have to find
> one second hand, and make sure beforehand that the spare battery can be
> found on any online battery store.
>
> Regards
> --
> Tshaw !!
>
> Steph
>
> Envoyé de mon aPhone
>
> Le 2 juillet 2017 14:10:23 HAEC, "Ross A. Doerr via rockbox"
> <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se <mailto:rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se> > a écrit :
>
> Can anyone on this list assist me with some MP3 player information please?
>
> I’m trying to find a web site that lists MP3 players that have rechargible
> batteries that can be changed. Is anyone on this list awayre of any web
> site?
>
> If so, could you please reply with the URL. I would be very grateful.
>
> I apologize fot the “off topic” question, but I’ve completely struck out in
> my own searching.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Ross Doerr
>
> Augusta, Maine
>
>
>
> _____
>
>
> Unsubscribe: http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rockbox
> FAQ: http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/GeneralFAQ
> Etiquette: http://www.rockbox.org/mail/etiquette.html
>
>

-- 
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones,
Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz_at_talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa
Personal Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/laz.mesa
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Talkingmp3players?_rdr
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Unsubscribe: http://cool.haxx.se/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rockbox
FAQ:         http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/GeneralFAQ
Etiquette:   http://www.rockbox.org/mail/etiquette.html
Received on 2017-07-02

Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew
aaa