Subject: Generating Voice Files For v3.14: Not Working For Me Either

Generating Voice Files For v3.14: Not Working For Me Either

From: Matej Golian via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 09:56:49 +0200

Hello guys,
I know I'm pretty late to the party, but yesterday I found out about
version 3.14. Needless to say I was very happy about it at as I
started to worry that Rockbox wasn't going to be updated anymore. I
love the updates - mainly doubled battery time and improved seeking. I
use single file album images + CUE sheets a lot and in the previous
versions of RB i was unable to switch between tracks properly in some
of my files, but now all of the problematic files I tested work
correctly. 😊
My only gripe with the new version is that I can't generate voice
files for it. The Utility seems to do its job, but when I change the
language to one I've generated a voice file for my player freezes and
the language is switched back to English. I have a Sansa Clip+. I've
read some posts in the archive and so I know that I'm not alone with
this. In fact, that's why I write on here in the first place - to let
others with this issue know that there are more of us out there. 😏
Generating my own voice files is not all that essential for me, but it
would certainly be fun to have voice files for all the languages I
speak. I have successfully generated voice files for earlier releases
of RB and so it's a little disappointing that the latest (and
greatest) RB version to date misbehaves in such a way.
Has anyone found a solution to this problem? If so, how did you get it
to work and if so, what TTS voice/language did you use? I'm trying to
generate the files with some of the voices found here:
http://harposoftware.com/
Many thanks and have fun.
Matej