Subject: Re: Generating Voice Files For v3.14: Not Working For Me Either

Re: Generating Voice Files For v3.14: Not Working For Me Either

From: Laz via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 13:08:18 -0400

See my answer below your message as per list etiquette.

On 9/23/17, Matej Golian via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:
> Hi Laz and thank you for your very valuable response.
> I haven't noticed some of the bugs you have mentioned yet, but than
> again I haven't been playing around with v3.14 all that much apart
> from checking if CUE sheet support has been improved and therefore I
> assume that you are correct in your findings.
> Can I ask you what player you have? I know you mentioned it in your
> initial bug report, but now I can't remember. Was it a Clip+ as well?
> The player itself may not matter, but do you think that this could be
> a player-specific issue?
> I think that this is a large enough bug to deserve attention and a
> quick fix from the devs. As it is now voice generation is basically
> non-functional and for all practical purposes disabled which if you
> think about it renders RB partially inaccessible.
> The languages I tested were Slovak and Swedish and neither of them
> worked so I think that the assumption that this is a much bigger
> problem is not unreasonable. Perhaps the devs could roll out a quick
> update (maybe v3.14.1). It would be enough to address just these LNG
> and voice issues for the time being. I would contribute somehow if I
> could, but I have no idea about what needs to be done and how. The
> only contribution I can think of is a small donation.

I have found the issue on both Sansa Clip Zip and Clip Plus players.
Aside from both having the same issues having to do with the voice
file when I turn on the Clip Plus it says cent bookmarks instead of
recent bookmarks. This is happening on two Clip Plus players. I have
formatted them, reinstalled Rockbox, etc all to no avail.

To check my report on at least one of these voice issues being that it
doesn't speak bookmark created, set it to ask if you want to create a
bookmark, stop playback, create the bookmark, and you'll hear nothing.
I used to hear it say bookmark created with earlier versions but no
longer with 3.14 on either Clip zip or Clip Plus players.

I just remembered another missing voice announcement. When you delete
a folder it used to announce the next folder once the deleted one was
gone. Now the player is silent until you press a button.

like I said the above aren't deal breakers but it would be nice if it
worked properly as it did in the past and I'm sure it's just that some
things were overlooked when 3.14 was put together.

Laz