Subject: Re: Xduoo X3 generations

Re: Xduoo X3 generations

From: Tore Johnny Bråtveit via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 09:09:37 +0100

Hi all,

I have been using an xDuoo X3 gen 1 player for a while and have been
very happy with that. Back in October 2018 I also purchased an xDuoo X3
II, since I read that it had some new features that I wanted to get my
hands on, like bluetooth connectivity.

It is true that the player has only one SDcard slot - placed on the left
side. The button layout is also different from the gen 1. version. IMHO
the button layout on X3 II seems more logical.

I found no way to install Rockbox on X3 II without sighted assistance.
After installation, I found - to my surprise and frustration - that the
Rockbox-Vortex people had delivered it with a Russian voice file, making
it rather unusual for me.

By the way, Rockbox is installed onto internal flash memory, not on the
SD card. This has - so far - made it totally impossible for me to get
access to it to replace the voice file with one that corresponds to the
interface language (English).

Best regards
Tore Johnny