Subject: Re: Rockbox bookmarks

Re: Rockbox bookmarks

From: Stéphane Doyon via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 18:38:12 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 1 Feb 2019, David Mehler via rockbox wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm about to update my rockbox. I want to remove the .rockbox
> directory on my player and replace it with an updated version.

Suggestion: move or copy it to .rockbox.old as a backup, so you can undo
the move in case of problems.

> I want however to preserve my bookmarks so I don't have to guess where
> in my books I am. Can I move a file from old .rockbox directory to new
> which will do this?

The bookmarks are recorded in .bmark files in the same directories as the
files, so they won't be affected.
The bookmarks in the Most recent bookmarks menu however are in
.rockbox/most-recent.bmark.

But then your settings in config.cfg may also be of interest.

Another possible strategy that has worked well for me is to unzip the new
.rockbox on top of the old one (first copying it as a backup).
It tends to leave preferences around, for example FM radio presets.