Subject: Re: Xduoo X3 generations

Re: Xduoo X3 generations

From: John DeArmond via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2019 10:16:31 -0500

Hi

I tried to make myself obsolescence- proof by buying several of each of
the popular players.  That means that I have several Clips and Clip+
units that need new homes.  If you'll send me your address, I'll send
one to you.  A spare battery too, if I can find it.

While I'm on the topic, I have a new, still in the cello Archos II
player.  Brand new.  I think $50 would be a fair price.

On my Archos II player, I've fitted a 120 gig SSD via an adapter from
sleazebay.  I've done the 8kB memory upgrade and use the successors to
the Sanyo Eneloop XX batteries (now just called "professional".  This
combo will play for days (I've never run the battery all the way down.)

I've mostly quit using this unit because an application for my phone has
come along which is just barely good enough to outweigh having to carry
2 boxes.  The app is "Smart Audiobook Player".  The major negative of
that app is that it will run only less than a day.  So I still use the
II when I need long run times.

John